Know what your problems and get the best solution – Rain, storms, and various natural ‘attacks’ can result in a number of water that collected around the house in no time. If we do not have adequate drainage, then the accumulated water will eventually cause damage to a number of elements. To drain the water, we will need a good gutter system by observing the slope and others.
Here are 8 ways how to make the water drain away from the house that we can try to apply.
- First, we will need some of the following equipments: hydraulic cement, pipe perforated for French drain, silicone sealant, hose, concrete waterproof sealer, and a downspout diverter.
- Second, determine whether the moisture occurs at a certain time (after a heavy rain, when the spring thaw, and others) or whether there is any time. Also learn how water can get into the basement – whether through a small gap, angle, or seeping through the walls. By identifying the cause, then we can get a conclusion about what is going on and get the right solution.
- Third, if the gutter or roof leak, use a hose to clean the gutters and downspouts. Replace any sagging gutters and make sure the joints between sections sealed well using a silicone sealant that we have prepared.
- Fourth, make sure the downspout diverter adheres well to make sure also aim the downspout diverter on a hard surface. Do not forget to determine whether the grading around the foundation on quite steep. Consider building codes that must be fulfilled so that the slope we get able to make the water go faster.
- Fifth, build land that located near the foundation so that the grade will channel water out of our homes.
- Sixth, make installation of French drain to take the runoff from the downspout that will carry water away from the foundation. To note, the French drain is a small trench with a perforated pipe surrounded by gravel and sand that will direct the water out of the foundation.
- Seventh, consider applying a waterproof concrete sealer is applied directly into the wall. Typically, concrete sealer comes in powder form that we can mix with water and apply it with the help of a long brush. The workings of this sealer, they will be entered into the pores of the concrete and then form a waterproof crystal structure, which in turn will stop the water infiltration.
- Eighth, if we have the basement walls are cracked, so do not underestimate it because it will open up opportunities for widening cracks. Cement cracks with hydraulic cement that will block the path of water through the crack gap.
So, it’s a kind of job that not difficult to do, right? Are you ready to make water drain away from your house now?